Anonymous / Chanology Montreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Need quick primer on putting links to youtube and embedding pics, etc.

3 posters

Go down

Need quick primer on putting links to youtube and embedding pics, etc. Empty Need quick primer on putting links to youtube and embedding pics, etc.

Post by Major Boyle Sun May 10, 2009 5:41 pm

I finally managed to transfer the pics from my father's computer to mine, which was a nightmare in and of itself since I lost my flash drive somewhere. What HTML do I need to embed a link to youtube and to pics? I assume it's using the img src= tag.

</IMG>Where's the best place to upload? Someone suggested into a RAR archive. Any free RAR utilities that'll run on Win2K (Yes, I am that much of a luddite).

Yes, I did in fact manage to get a side shot of Camera Bike Guy but he zoomed away before I could get moar. Also got pics of Epic Squirrel guy and Mysterious Org Van unloading in the alley.

Does WWP use the same html tags are montreal forum?
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Male Number of posts : 2437
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Need quick primer on putting links to youtube and embedding pics, etc. Empty Re: Need quick primer on putting links to youtube and embedding pics, etc.

Post by Doggles Sun May 10, 2009 6:06 pm

Forums generally use BBcode, which is similar to HTML in many ways but easier to use. Photobucket will provide BBcode tags for you under your uploaded images automatically, if you're using that, but here's a primer:

To post an image, you use: [img]URL TO IMAGE[/img]
To post a link, you use: [url=URL HERE]Text for the URL[/url] You can combine these two to create thumbnails that link to bigger pictures, just put the [img] tag in the "Text for the URL" space.
To post a YouTube video, you use: [youtube]URL to YouTube video[/youtube]

As for RARs, you can download WinRAR here: http://rarlab.com/rar/wrar39b1.exe It's an evaluation version, but it never expires so you can keep using it indefinitely. If you prefer a totally free alternative, you can go with 7Zip: http://www.7-zip.org which can create RAR files as well.

WWP uses the same BBcode, but I don't know if it supports YouTube embedding.
Doggles
Doggles
My lineage is so sinful, it would kill you if I told you.

Male Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Need quick primer on putting links to youtube and embedding pics, etc. Empty Re: Need quick primer on putting links to youtube and embedding pics, etc.

Post by Major Boyle Sun May 10, 2009 7:23 pm

I completely effed up my youtube account and they've send an email to my "secondary account." Frankly, I'm just not going to bother with screwtube. If someone wants the vids, let me know of another non-youtube site I can upload the whole lot to. I just can't be bothered with this bullshit.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggles Sun May 10, 2009 7:50 pm

Give Vimeo a shot. It's higher quality anyway, but I don't think you can embed.
Doggles
Doggles
My lineage is so sinful, it would kill you if I told you.

Male Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by puck35 Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 pm

If you use the full reply box here (by clicking "RÉPONDRE" instead of using the quick reply box) you can easily embed a YouTube vid by clicking the little box in the toolbar that looks like a filmstrip. Then you just pop in the YT URL (the http one, not the embed code one).

On WWP simply pasting the YT URL will automatically embed the video.
puck35
puck35
MMMAAANNNOOOOOOONNN!

Male Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Sun May 10, 2009 8:04 pm

I uploaded the whole mess to megaupload. See:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3Q1ZQX6T

If one of you guys wants to figure out where to store this crap, go right ahead. I've just not in the mood for it.

If you need an explanation of the pics, let me know.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down