Anonymous / Chanology Montreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet

2 posters

Go down

Scientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Empty Scientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet

Post by star eht Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:55 pm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2151437/scientology_wants_to_censor_your_internet.html?cat=75

One of the many new projects the Australian government has up it's sleeve that involves your internet and free speech rights is the Submissions to the freedom of religion and belief in the 21st century project. They've accepted thousands of suggestions on how to handle religion online and the Church of ScientologyScientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Interlink proposes censoring the internet and even criminalizing online anonymity. This is from their very proposal:

SUMMARY OF RECOMMENDATIONS: Recommendation 1: The implementation of Criminal and Civil Restrictions on Religious Vilification. Recommendation 2: Restriction on Anonymity on acts of Religious Vilification: 2.1 Websites created with primary purpose of inciting religious vilification shall be removed or their access to the Australian public restricted. 2.2 Creators of websites whose primary purpose is the incitement of religious vilification shall be prevented from concealing their identity. Recommendation 3: Restriction on Religious Misinformation and Misrepresentation known or reasonably known to be untruthful in the Media Recommendation 4: Include a form of Bill or Charter of Rights into the Australian Constitution, which prevents the Commonwealth from making any law, which 'directly, indirectly or incidentally' prohibits the free exercise of religion to the extent of such prohibition

Obviously this entire proposal is Scienology's attack on it's online critics such as Mark Bunker and the online group known as Anonymous which has exposed much of Scientology's illegal, dangerous and unethical operations. This also appears to attempt to halt whistle blowing on part of former Scientologists through removal of their anonymity and criminalizing criticism of the church. The Church of ScientologyScientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Interlink has a long history of hostile action against anyone who criticizes or leaves the church. They themselves claim that "Scientology is not a 'turn-the-other-cheek' religion" In fact in 1966 Hubbard wrote a "correct procedure" for attacking enemies of Scientology:

(1) Spot who is attacking us.
(2) Start investigating them promptly for felonies or worse using own professionals, not outside agencies.
(3) Double curve our reply by saying we welcome an investigation of them.
(4) Start feeding lurid, blood, sex, crime actual evidence on the attackers to the press. Don't ever tamely submit to an investigation of us. Make it rough, rough on attackers all the way. You can get "reasonable about it" and lose. Sure we break no laws. Sure we have nothing to hide. BUT attackers are simply an anti-Scientology propaganda agency so far as we are concerned. They have proven they want no facts and will only lie no matter what they discover. So BANISH all ideas that any fair hearing is intended and start our attack with their first breath. Never wait. Never talk about us - only them. Use their blood, sex, crime to get headlines. Don't use us. I speak from 15 years of experience in this. There has never yet been an attacker who was not reeking with crime. All we had to do was look for it and murder would come out. —Attacks on Scientology, "Hubbard Communications Office Policy Letter," 25 February 1966

One of Scientology's most well known and feared doctrines among it's critics is it's "fair game policy which quoted directly from the founder L. Ron Hubbard's "law" says:
"A Suppressive Person or Group becomes fair game. By FAIR GAME is meant, may not be further protected by the codes and disciplines or the rights of a Scientologist. The homes, property, places and abodes of persons who have been active in attempting to: criticize or suppress Scientology or Scientologists are all beyond any protection of Scientology Ethics, unless absolved by later Ethics or an amnesty ... this Policy Letter extends to suppressive non-Scientology wives and husbands and parents, or other family members or hostile groups or even close friends"

This policy was even extended in an October 1967 Policy Letter (HCOPL 18 Oct 67 Issue IV, Penalties for Lower Conditions), where Hubbard defined the "penalties" for an individual deemed to be in a "Condition of Enemy":

ENEMY — SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

With these quotes from the founder in mind, the proposal seems not only sinister, not only like throwback to when the church committed the largest infiltration of the United States and Canadian governments in order to purge unfavorable records, but a new incredibly dangerous era not only for scientologyScientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Interlink critics but for anyone in any cult that wishes to leave or expose it and whistle blowing in general. I've made great effort in citing as much as I can even though I've barely scratched the surface so realize without whistle blowing none of this information on the church would be public. If the church has it's way it would be illegal for anyone in AustraliaScientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Interlink to read this, not because I'm an anonymous coward slandering someones good name, I'm Jason Miller and I call a spade a spade, not because I'm committing religious persecution (I have friends that are Free Zone Scientologists that don't deal with the main church or it's criminal and unethical practices, I don't care what anyone believes that is a personal decision and right.) but because I am criticizing illegal and unethical practices that they openly endorse and even attempt to push through parliaments and courtrooms all across the world.

For the sake of the good people of Australia, laws like this and the "clean feed" internet filter can never come to pass because once any person or group is allowed to control what is said on the internet then they will all want to control what's said. Scientology's proposal is only the first like this we'll see.

Australia Human Rights Commission, Submissions to the Freedom of Religion and Belief in the 21st Century Project
L. Ron Hubbard, Hubbard Communication Office Policy Letter 1 Mar 65 "Suppressive Acts - Suppression of ScientologyScientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Interlink and Scientologists - The Fair Game Law" 1965-03-01
Hubbard, Suppressive acts- Supression of scientology and Scientologists-The Fair Game Law
Hubbard, HCOPL 18 October 67 Issue IV, Penalties for Lower Conditions
Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White ^ John Marshall, Cult harassment, spying in Canada documented, The Globe and Mail, January 23, 1980
star eht
star eht
The Crowned Clown

Male Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Back to top Go down

Scientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Empty Re: Scientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Scientology didn't got the message last year now do they?

Here is a similar reminder

Back to top Go down

Scientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet Empty Re: Scientology push law to censor anonymity on the internet

Post by EaterofCake Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:16 pm

So much for scilon magical powers if they have to go to this length to try to stop us. Very Happy
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Number of posts : 1168
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down