Anonymous / Chanology Montreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Montreal cops still wants to push anti-mask legislation

+2
EaterofCake
NRR
6 posters

Go down

Montreal cops still wants to push anti-mask legislation Empty Montreal cops still wants to push anti-mask legislation

Post by NRR Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 pm

NRR
NRR
German nazi communist psychiatrist from the 4th or 5th Marcabian Division

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4bn5pp32w

Back to top Go down

Montreal cops still wants to push anti-mask legislation Empty Re: Montreal cops still wants to push anti-mask legislation

Post by EaterofCake Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:43 pm

Needs to be harpooned by a french-speaker. Being masked for a peaceful protest is not a crime.
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Number of posts : 1168
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Montreal cops still wants to push anti-mask legislation Empty Re: Montreal cops still wants to push anti-mask legislation

Post by Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:20 pm

besides, the cops ''knows'' us and they well know our methods and ways of approaching. It would be wise to call them upon that regulation to see if we can get an exception to this rule.

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:37 pm

I find it interesting the feds also want to strip away internet anonymity without even a warrant. Better to inform politicians that the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms includes ANONYMOUS speech.

Anubis, the law must not happen. It would absolutely kill peaceful protests. I certainly would not go to a protest unmaked.

The media needs to be harpooned with "Anonymous accues Montreal police of doing Scientology's bidding." Create a shitstorm. Ask if they're in cahoots with Federal government that wants to spy on people without a warrant.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Male Number of posts : 2437
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandGuy Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:51 pm

Major Boyle wrote:The media needs to be harpooned with "Anonymous accues Montreal police of doing Scientology's bidding."

I don't like this approach :(

SomeRandGuy
Cool enough to blow shit up with soap.

Male Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:38 am

Agreed. Last thing is need is to give Fagstein more fuel to call us nutjobs. There's something about the Alex Jones approach to media warfare that I have major problems with.
The Rooster
The Rooster
I have too many posts.

Male Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:59 am

Major Boyle wrote: Anubis, the law must not happen. It would absolutely kill peaceful protests. I certainly would not go to a protest unmaked.
I never said I was for it. I do agree something must be done about it. I am just preparing for the worst and no I wont go to protests unmasked either. They try to control the net as well by claiming they want to prevent childpr0n traffic. I believe it's a pokerface and white lie to let it slip through Joe public to prose us afterwards on the net 24/7. Make a few arrests here and there after the Net-censorship is in place and the people will stop talking about it and stop thinking. People are stupid. Cops/politicians/bosses/supervisors/leaders/presidents are not your friends. Don't you forgot it. Power = Corruption

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:40 am

You can always ask the media if it's an amazing coincidence that all this anti-Anonymous legislation is happening at the same time.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:53 am

The media would say yes. I'd say no.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:07 am

Let's just put on the tin hats and say that Xenu can't be an evil galactic overlord because he's taking us for ice cream on his spaceship after the raid.
The Rooster
The Rooster
I have too many posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by NRR Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:39 am

No worries, folks: shall this rule be adopted... Anonymous will still protest in front of the Org each month, as usual. Your identity will be fully protected, and you'll be respectful of this rule.

How come? We have a wildcard. I will not say more for the moment since the rule hasn't been adopted yet. We'll wait.

TL;DR Don't worry. Smile
NRR
NRR

Back to top Go down

Post by NRR Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:40 am

Anubis V1.0 wrote:The media would say yes. I'd say no.

Actually, The Gazette and La Presse were opposed to this rule.
NRR
NRR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:54 am

NRR wrote:
Anubis V1.0 wrote:The media would say yes. I'd say no.

Actually, The Gazette and La Presse were opposed to this rule.
Orly? La presse is usually a good newspaper but the gazette? I'm a bit surprised. I mean, after calling the tinfoil on Anonymiss and all?...

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:53 am

Thing is, all this sort of shit is EXACTLY the kind of crap the Scis would do. Use a few corrupt cops to push for an anti-mask law to intimidate critics, as they have done elsewhere. Don't assume, by the way, that loopholes can't be closed.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:45 am

See, thing is, after a lot of searching and e-detectiving, I can't find a single name or address or phone number that traces back to a scilon. No sci is /that/ good. No name mentionned on any of the bill's creators or supporters trace back to a clear list, or any known affiliates of the church.

Unless im blind. Which is also possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by NRR Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Major Boyle wrote:Thing is, all this sort of shit is EXACTLY the kind of crap the Scis would do. Use a few corrupt cops to push for an anti-mask law to intimidate critics, as they have done elsewhere. Don't assume, by the way, that loopholes can't be closed.

Scilons didn't push it - even thought they will support such initiative. Cops are trying to push such legislation for years now - as a matter of fact, I think they were pushing such legislation before Anonymous came around.
NRR
NRR

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:09 pm

EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Number of posts : 1168
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Boyle, this got major attention in early March, coinciding with annual "Cops beat protestors" day. This isn't sci doing, or else we'd see it on a massive scale worldwide; they don't have the resources or the ability to pull that off here, so unless it's simulatenously occuring across the globe, it's not them.
The Rooster
The Rooster
I have too many posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Maybe, maybe not. There is definitely an uptick in scilon fairgaming as of late. If we are to believe Graham Berry, then some famous celeb (most likely Cruise) gave ten million to the cult to Smash Anonymous.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rooster Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Even if there's fair game out there, they don't have the strength to pull it here. The org here isn't a priority, and we'd see them targeting us and trying to find us (not very hard for the most part), rather than trying to tip the scales in a bill that's been in and out of limbo for years.
The Rooster
The Rooster
I have too many posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by puck35 Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:14 pm

ling?

anyway, it would never work
puck35
puck35
MMMAAANNNOOOOOOONNN!

Male Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by puck35 Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:01 pm

Any attempt at restricting Charter-guaranteed rights to expression and peaceful (peaceful!) assembly, especially by a municipality whose jurisdiction over such matters is debatable, is just begging for a court challenge.
puck35
puck35
MMMAAANNNOOOOOOONNN!

Male Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:26 am

Besides, like you said, it won't really work. The students are already on the watch about this and also possibly many human rights fundamentalist would protest against this as well. I mean, if people nowadays are so goddamn over-cautious about revealing the slightest of all details concerning their finances, imagine how paranoia would install itself if the court allows the police to grab info about people by their ISPs and being filed at protests. I mean, people does have a right to be masked to protect their identities at protest cause imagine for a sec someone on the front cover on any newspaper about protesting in favor of X cause and their boss saw them on the newspaper and he holds an opposite view on the situation. Notre pauvre unmasked monsieur est fucked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down