Anonymous / Chanology Montreal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mask situation: here we go again...

+4
puck35
Major Boyle
EaterofCake
NRR
8 posters

Go down

Mask situation: here we go again... Empty Mask situation: here we go again...

Post by NRR Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:46 pm

http://www.ruefrontenac.com/nouvelles-generales/55-enjeux/19444-manif-brutalite-police

Le SPVM veut interdire les cagoules dans les manifestations

(...)

« Il faisait 12 degrés et c’était très ensoleillé. Si des gens portaient des cagoules, c’était pour se cacher. S’ils se cachent, c’est possiblement parce qu’ils veulent commettre des délits », analyse simplement l’inspecteur-chef Sylvain Lemay, responsable de la Division de la planification opérationnelle du SPVM.

Copd still wants to outlaw masks. Nothing has been adopter by lawmakers, thought...
NRR
NRR
German nazi communist psychiatrist from the 4th or 5th Marcabian Division

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4bn5pp32w

Back to top Go down

Mask situation: here we go again... Empty Re: Mask situation: here we go again...

Post by EaterofCake Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:02 am

BAWW.

Can we write a friendly poon to the cops? Mention our 2+ years of peaceful protests, and how we're masked to protect us from the Scilons, not the police, etc etc?
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Number of posts : 1168
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Mask situation: here we go again... Empty Re: Mask situation: here we go again...

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:35 am

inb4tinfoil

I thought about it for some time and how strange, I was right. They gonna use the Police Brutality protest to shit on the masks.

Try to poon them but, I don't think it will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:58 am

Like I said. This smells of a sci setup. If they get to ban masks, all Anons in Montreal would be facefagged.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Male Number of posts : 2437
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:50 am

Sci? Doubt it. The cops had something about trying to ban masks in the past, remember?
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by NRR Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:03 am

Major Boyle wrote:Like I said. This smells of a sci setup. If they get to ban masks, all Anons in Montreal would be facefagged.

1) Cops are fighting for this for years, way before Anonymous campaigned against scienotlogy. Scilons have nothing to do with it (even thought they might rejoice of such legislation)

2) Even if such legislation goes through, I have several hints from others Anons around the world on how to hide your identity without using a mask. Mask situation: here we go again... Icon_wink
NRR
NRR
German nazi communist psychiatrist from the 4th or 5th Marcabian Division

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD4bn5pp32w

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 am

Depends on how the law is phrased. If it says mask you could use a scarf. But if it says that you have to leave a certain percentage of your face visible, then you're hosed.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Then the whole city would be screwed in the winter when the weather hits -20 and lower. Everyone covers their faces with scarves, hoods and so on. I've seen people more wrapped up than we are.
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by puck35 Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:41 pm

Any such law would face a Charter challenge. It seems to me that a municipal government getting into the area of Charter-guaranteed freedoms (peaceful assembly, here), even if only slightly, is out of its jurisdiction.
puck35
puck35
MMMAAANNNOOOOOOONNN!

Male Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wave Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 pm

for the sake of bawwwwww

they shouldn't be so stupid to label people dangerous just because of a mask, we announce to the police when we do raid, we stay peaceful and not riot, we are no threat to the public. The masks actually help with the protests. It works and helps people!
Retards who go commit actual crimes (unlike the ones viewed by Co$) do need to be identified and taken to justice.

So some people showed up at the riot with masks, so what. If a person gets arrested, then they get identified, their own bloody fault. What do the police think they will get out of such an act of banning masks? Is it going to stop people from rioting, I doubt it, nor is it going to make them not want to protest into things that turn into riots.

Some people are a hazard to society, then there are some who, like us, are cooperative, understanding, law abiding anonymous citizens.
Wave
Wave
Cool enough to blow shit up with soap.

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Cops want it so they can identify ringleaders at protests. Plenty of protests are being organized by groups and people who are paid to do so.

Thing is, it's not the organizers who are getting busted, it's the low level rock-throwing idiots who have been encouraged by the organizers to throw rocks.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 pm

We need a press release from Montreal Anonymous decrying the policy and mentioning the fair gaming policy.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by Wave Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:27 pm

ah thank you for that...
well how could we go about getting this argument to the public? is a press release really the best solution? who would do it, who would publish it, and how can it all be done anonymously?
Wave
Wave
Cool enough to blow shit up with soap.

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy_Fox Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:49 pm

I doubt this crap will ever go through.

EVEN IF, I'm sure we'd be fine if we nicely ask for permission. When asking the police for a green light on our protest, we'd also ask for permission to use masks, justified by some really good references on fair game, as well as ask for their presence in the area if possible.

I don't think this will ever be necessary, though.
Guy_Fox
Guy_Fox
Operating Anon VIII

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:07 pm

This is why I asked if poons were needed. Perhaps to a local newspaper like the Gazette? They had an article on the cops call for a mask ban today.
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:08 pm

Poon all the local media. The story is in the news nao so any followup or controversy is a good way for Anonymous to get its name in the papers or on TV and to oppose this draconian bullshit/
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by lolxenu Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:48 am

Maybe send a copy to Patrick Lagacée, he kinda like us I think... And he's still working for La Presse.

Also mention how masks are sometimes used during demonstration for dramatic purposes (i.e: Greenpeace wearing gas mask when protesting against the nuclear industry)
lolxenu
lolxenu
Not a Fag

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Also mention that we are masked due to the Scilon's fair game policy, we're not masked due to the police.
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Boyle Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Also, why do police need to unmask all people? Why not arrest those who commit crimes. If they continue to commit crimes, punish them with stiffer sentences.
Major Boyle
Major Boyle
SUPREME ROOLAH

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:57 pm

I've seen a lot of people masked against the flu, what about muslim ladies wearing the hijab too?
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guy_Fox Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:14 pm

This is why the idea failed the last time, and will fail again.
Guy_Fox
Guy_Fox
Operating Anon VIII

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 am

Can someone write a good letter that we can poon from the website's e-mail? I'm no letterfag. ):
EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by puck35 Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:54 am

I could write something effective and eloquent, but we'd have to decide first what we want to say.
puck35
puck35
MMMAAANNNOOOOOOONNN!

Male Number of posts : 1337
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by EaterofCake Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:23 pm

EaterofCake
EaterofCake
Delicious and moist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangrove Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Undercover cops were wearing masks at the COBP protest... That must be because they had criminal intentions. Mask situation: here we go again... Icon_neutral

This kind of law they want to be voted is just like the one who forbids to play hockey in the streets. Police will never harass you because you don't follow the rules, unless you are a troublemaker.

Nevertheless, asking us to uncover our faces during a protest would be against our civil liberties.
Mangrove
Mangrove
Not a Fag

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down